Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Disney Parks Classroom Theme

My most recent classroom theme had to be my favorite so far! I am a major Disney Fan...so I always felt happy with this classroom theme. I even had students come in throughout the year and take pictures and tell me how much they loved it, too! I will definitely have to do this one again! Have you ever thought of doing a Disney Theme in your classroom?

The Magic Kingdom was created by attaching two cardboard tubes that had been slide in half. They were then spray painted castle gray and velcro strips were added to help them stay attached to the wall. The blue steeples were simply blue plastic table cloth cut to desired shape and taped to wall.

Bulletin Board by the door reads "Meet the Parkhoppers!" with student names on multi-colored mickey heads. I also had Disney character vinyl wall clings on all cabinet doors.

Walt Disney quotes were used throughout the room.
The EPCOT ball was created completely out of paper plates folded and stapled to the wall. I did use some foam underneath to make it appear to come out from the wall.

Hollywood Studios was represented by the well-known hat...made out of a large orange traffic cone cut in half. This was then attached to a large dog bowl, also cut in half. Spray foam was added to the inner part of the bowl and the back side of the hat just enough to add some stability. The entire thing was then spray painted blue. I cut out the moon and stars out of yellow contruction paper and taped on, and the ears are just wicker rings bought from the dollar tree wrapped in black plastic table cloth!

Mickey Ears on the clock!



No comments:

Post a Comment